Pasta alla Norma
This Sicilian comfort recipe will have you feeling cozy and satisfied!
- 50g rice noodle (black rice noodles are recommended!)
- ½ cup of large aubergine, diced.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 8 ml olive oil
- 5g crushed red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- To fry aubergines: Heat a splash of vegetable oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the aubergines in a single layer, and fry for 5 to 8 minutes, or until soft and golden.
- To make pasta: Cook the pasta for about 7 minutes or until al dente. Stir pasta often to prevent the noodles from sticking. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a skillet, sauté the garlic over medium heat with olive oil and cook until golden brown. Add ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add pasta and stir with the fried aubergines and parmesan cheese. Mix until the pasta is coated.
- Serve the pasta and sprinkle with a grating of Parmesan.
- Tags: Organic Pasta
- Hilltribe Organics